Sr. Director of Product Management– Storage (Granite)
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization.
Granite is an innovative, industry changing technology that redefines how branch services and storage can be provisioned. It allows customers to maintain their data centrally at the datacenter while projecting it to the branch – where it feels like it is local. This extends the SAN infrastructure over the WAN. Since its initial inception in early 2012, the market response for Granite has been phenomenal. We are seeking a motivated, self-directed individual to take Granite to the next level. This position has high executive level visibility as Granite is widely seen as the next phase of growth at Riverbed and has the ability to define an entirely new market.
We are seeking a talented and aggressive senior product management professional with a track record of recognized success defining market winning network routing, storage networking, and/or virtualization products for the enterprise marketplace. The selected candidate will apply marketing skills, technical knowledge, and influence from the C-Level down to ensure Riverbed’s success in delivering secure solutions for our largest customers’ complex environments. Responsibilities:
• Define and manage the roadmap for branch service and storage consolidation using Granite
• Influence engineering team and executive management, drive product priorities and lead cross-functional product teams
• Write product requirements documents (PRDs), working closely with sales and customers to validate the product definition
• Work with customers and sales to drive successful introduction of the product(s) to the market
• Work with partners to define new paths to market for the product
• Develop collateral to communicate product value proposition to customers/analystsJob requirements:
• 8+ years engineering and/or product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities for storage and / or backup products including storage network technologies and virtualization technologies
• Experience working with various network, virtualization and storage technologies including, for example, IP routing, iSCSI, fibre channel, MPIO, FCIP/FCoE and VMWare VSphere technologies
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to do whatever is required to help ensure our success
• Ability to think on your feet, and quickly make well-reasoned decisions even with a lack of data
• Ability to effectively interact with, and establish immediate credibility with, the sales force, customers, CTO and the engineering team
• Enthusiasm for the startup environment; Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent. (MBA or MS is highly desirable)
The position can be based in either Riverbed’s San Francisco headquarters location or at its large satellite office in Sunnyvale, CA. On-site presence in the San Francisco office a minimum of approximately two days per week is required.
Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry which are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications.www.riverbed.com