Position: Sales Engineer, Riverbed Performance Management (RPM)
Location: Toronto, Montreal, or Ottawa Canada
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
The Performance Management Group
The Performance Management Group is built on Riverbed’s strong heritage and experience in delivering solutions that improve the performance of technology for business. This group is made up of NPM (Network Performance Management) and APM (Application Performance Management) products and solutions. Together, they deliver to customers performance management solutions that diagnose both application and infrastructure issues. Whether the problem is server, application, or network-based; in a virtual, physical or cloud infrastructure; or, using mobile or fixed clients, products from the Performance Management group help application and infrastructure teams identify the problem and deliver actionable insight for solving the issue. When you join the Performance Management Group, you’ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to Global 1000 companies. You’ll work with engineers, led by our leading scientists, to innovate solutions for the Cascade and OPNET product lines that help to speed problem resolution so that IT teams across the organizations can move from discovery to analysis to solution as quickly as possible. If this sounds like the team you want to play for, read on.
• You will be knowledgeable in all aspects of the Riverbed product sets with a focus on Riverbed’s Application Performance management products
• You will maintain current competitive product knowledge and Riverbed ROI
• You will provide intensive pre-sales technical consulting to prospective customers and channel partners, some post-sales may also be required
• You will perform technical qualification of opportunities
• You will participate in conference calls/Adobe connect meetings with customers and partners
• You will give technical presentations and act in an advisory role to customers and partners
• You will assist in the development of formal sales proposals (RFIs, RFPs)
• You will oversee the customer proposal process to ensure the product mix addresses all customer requirements, including relevant customer network designs, and existing and potential issues
• You will support account management with open and direct communication, timeliness, and superior work ethic
• You will investigate new solution areas for product extensions
• You will help mentor, qualify and train Riverbed Channel partners in the assigned territory
• You will design and manager Proof of Concept evaluations while demonstrating ROI and value to the customer
• You will have a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent experience
• You will have experience with protocol analyzers and knowledge or router and switch configuration
• You will have a strong knowledge of modern networking technology, including: TCP/IP, routing, switching and application behavior
• Your knowledge of J2EE and .NET will be a plus
• You will have excellent verbal and written communication ability, including technical presentation skills
• You will have a willingness to travel, interact and work directly with customers
• You will be fluent in both English and French
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus San Francisco-based company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well-reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #3 overall and #1 in enterprise companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to Riverbed’s collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ : RVBD ) is available at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.