POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
RF and Electrical Design group, as part of Sanmina’s Optical and Microelectronic Division, represents one of the key elements of the total engineering service offering by providing solutions in areas of electrical systems design, RF/microelectronic circuit and components design, RF/EM modeling, and digital/analog circuit design. These services are delivered stand alone or are part of end to end product development. We are looking for an experienced RF design engineer to successfully develop and implement advanced Microwave and RF modules and systems, primarily in the area RF/EM modeling of passive structures. The position involves supporting projects from concept definition, detailed design, prototyping and qualification phases, through to implementation into manufacturing.
• Leading and supporting detailed design of RF interconnects and components over several frequency bands for a variety of applications (narrowband, broadband, wireless, high-speed digital, etc).
• Designing and modeling RF interconnects for micro-electronic packages, multichip modules, and printed circuit cards.
• Designing and modeling RF components such as terminations, DC blocks, filters, couplers, splitters, limiters, antennas, etc.
• Detailed characterization and verification of RF structures against product specifications.
• Characterization and selection of key RF components and technologies in line with system architecture and specification requirements.
• Developing verification plans and reports, and supporting product implementation in manufacturing.
• Supporting physical design and development of microwave and opto-electronic components, multi-chip modules and systems in conjunction with mechanical engineering.
• Work with process and test engineering teams to ensure alignment of designs with process and test capabilities
• Designing, analyzing, and measuring RF circuits.
• Analyzing customer products and designs to support cost reduction and manufacturability improvements.
• Supporting business development by interfacing with new customers, defining proposals and quotations.
• Support product NPI and implementation into manufacturing
- Experience in leading edge RF modeling and signal integrity tools (Ansoft HFSS, Empire XCcel, Momentum, SI Wave, etc).
- Experience in design of RF transmission line types, including microstrip, stripline, CPW.
- Experience in design of RF transitions for vias, connectors, package interconnect, etc.
- Experience in design of printed circuit cards and micro-electronic packaging.
- Experience in electrical system simulation and design tools (ADS, Genesys).
- Experience in RF characterization of microelectronic packaging, including use of microprobes and advanced VNA calibration techniques.
- Experience in RF measurement techniques, including use of high speed oscilloscopes, VNAs, and spectrum analyzers.
- This position requires eligibility for security clearance.
- Needs to be customer delivery focused, and be able to work well within a multidisciplinary product development team in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Needs to have strong communication skills, and be comfortable presenting designs to customers.
- Must possess motivation and initiative to drive projects and tasks to closure.
- Must possess organizational skills to provide project management of technical development.
- Must be able to make decisions based on inputs from multidisciplinary team.
- Electrical Engineering degree is a minimum requirement with multi-year relevant experience.
• Experience in RF packaging and modules design is a definite asset.
• Experience with both FEM and FDTD electromagnetic simulators is an asset.
• Experience with design and product development of antennas is an asset.
• Experience with RF product certification is an asset.
• Experience in end to end product development and manufacturing implementation is an asset.