POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The RF and Electrical Design group, as part of Sanmina’s Optical and Microelectronic Division, represents one of the key elements of the total engineering service offering by providing solutions in areas of electrical systems design, RF/microwave circuit and components design, RF/EM modeling, and digital/analog circuit design. These services are delivered stand alone or are part of end to end product development. We are looking for an experienced senior RF design engineer to successfully deliver product solutions in the areas of RF/microwave system and circuit design, signal and power integrity, and EM modeling, for applications on high speed multichip electrical and electro-optical modules, and RF circuit cards and blades. The position involves working within an end to end product development team, leading and supporting projects from concept definition, detailed design, prototyping and qualification phases, through to implementation into manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Interfacing with customers to define top level RF and opto-electrical design specifications, and translating to circuit functional specifications and architecture.
- Leading end to end technical product development including conceptualization, design, prototyping, debugging, characterization and verification activities, from an electrical and opto-electrical perspective.
- Design and analysis/modeling of RF/analog circuits meeting product requirements.
- Design of analog/digital control and power supply circuits
- RF/signal integrity modeling and design at component and circuit level
- Selecting and characterizing key components and technologies in line with system architecture and specification requirements.
- Test solutions and detailed characterization and verification of RF circuits and structures.
- Developing product design, verification, and test specifications and reports.
- Supporting physical design and development of RF/microwave and opto-electronic multi-chip modules and systems in conjunction with microelectronic design engineering.
- Supporting business development by interfacing with new customers, defining proposals and quotations.
- Working with process and test engineering teams to ensure alignment of designs with process and test capabilities, and successful introduction to product manufacturing.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Analyzing customer products and designs to support cost reduction and manufacturability improvements.
- Production test solution development
- Support product NPI and implementation into manufacturing.
- Product engineering support for product in manufacturing
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (skills, mental requirements, work experience, education, physical requirements):
Minimum experience (Type of experience):
- Over 10 years experience in hardware design of high frequency RF/Microwave circuits and high speed electro-optical systems, such as receiver & transmitter RF chains, LNAs, PAs, PLLs, oscillators, mixers, modulators, demodulators, and antennas,
- Experience in leading edge RF modeling and signal integrity CAD tools (Ansoft HFSS, Empire XCcel, Momentum, SI Wave, etc).
- Experience in RF circuits and system simulation and design tools (Spice, ADS, Genesys).
- Experience in implementing RF circuits designs in a broad range of substrate technologies and processes including PCB, single layer thinfilm and thickfilm, multilayer HTCC, LTCC, and organic. Familiar to with design rules, tolerances, and process constraints or these technologies and processes.
- Experience in a wide range of RF transitions and RF interfaces, include IC to substrate wirebond transitions, cavity feedthru, flipchip transitions, BGA and LGA transitions, and various vertical transitions between layers of planar RF circuits, coaxial connector to substrate transitions, etc.
- Experience with empirical design techniques, design characterizations and verifications; experience with RF test equipment, test methodologies, calibration methods in time domain and frequency domain, including network, spectrum and modulation analyzers, oscilloscope and a variety of state-of-art test instruments.
- Experiences with basic control, monitor, sensor circuit, power supply and regulation circuit designs; microcontroller hardware and firmware development; FPGA circuit design, configuration, and programming.
- This position requires eligibility for security clearance.
Minimum skills/knowledge (skills and abilities necessary for position):
- Need to be customer delivery focused, with strong communication skills, and able to work well within multidisciplinary product development team in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Must possess leadership, broad technical knowledge and project management skills to drive and lead complex multidisciplinary technical projects.
- Must possess motivation and initiative to drive projects and tasks to closure.
- Must be able to make decisions based on inputs from multidisciplinary team.
- M.A.Sc or PH.D Electrical Engineering degree is a minimum requirement.
- Experience in RF and electo-optical modules design is a definite asset.
- Experience in end to end product development and manufacturing implementation is an asset.
- Experience with RF product certification is an asset.
- Experience with test solution development and product engineering
- Experience with Microelectronic and Micro-optic technologies is an asset
- Experience with radar, satellite, and telecommunications systems specification, design, and commissioning processes is a definite asset.