POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Program Manager works directly with strategic customers, plant management and internal customer-focused teams to develop and implement account strategies. As a senior level professional, the Program Manager is responsible for managing overall customer support for assigned accounts by leading cross-functional teams comprised of Buyers, Material Planners, Test, Manufacturing and Quality Engineers. The Program Manager also plays a key role in broadening and advancing customer relationships. The role is responsible for optimizing all key account metrics.
• Managing the client relationship and expectations to ensure customer satisfaction related to ongoing delivery of products and services
• Ensuring that performance on key metrics meets or exceeds requirements, inclusive of inventory turns, Excess and Obsolete recovery, profit margins, revenue stability and growth, management of customer against contractual terms, on time delivery, quality performance, and accounts receivable collection.
• Ensuring that all information necessary to the customer is provided in a timely manner
• Providing budget analysis, labour planning and coordination of activities between client and company personnel.
• Managing supply/demand plans to ensure all deliverables are coordinated to support on time delivery against Sanmina commitments
• Coordinate and deliver quotations to sales organization and/or customers
• Ensure execution against contractual requirements
• Monitoring programs from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections
• Recommending and driving programs for quality improvement, productivity, and cost reduction to maximize competitive economics for both SANM and customers
REQUIREMENTS (skills/work experience/education):
- 10+ years’ experience in a Program/Project Management role within an electronics contract manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of complex manufacturing systems, assembly and test processes, schedules and scheduling requirements, and program management techniques and tools.
- Excellent customer contract, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with critical path and dependency charts and flow charting.
- Strong knowledge of product pricing, quoting, contracts and contract negotiation.
- Excellent database management, computer and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and guidance to others.
- Proven successful track record in the following areas:
o Business Acumen – the ability to understand and analyze business issues and trends associated with manufacturing electronic and PCB assemblies, along with their industry and customer implications.
o Strategic vision – the ability to understand and develop a strategic plan with an understanding of financial and people resources required, and to define contingencies to align with Sanmina strategic plans.
o Technological Proficiency – the ability to understand and apply manufacturing technologies and solutions to provide Sanmina customers with competitive advantage.
o Competitive Adeptness - the ability to understand and build upon Sanmina value proposition in order to maximize competitive advantage.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in engineering, business administration, or a related discipline.
• Multi-disciplinary experience in Engineering, Project/Account Management, Sales, and/or Operations is a significant asset to this role.
• Knowledge of Oracle ERP and Agile PLM systems would be a strong asset.
• Background in co-ordination of Production/Supply chain/and Engineering transfers from one manufacturing facility to another.