Extreme Networks is seeking people that celebrate and drive innovation. Long recognized by industry experts as a technically visionary company, Extreme Networks is preparing to make the next leap forward in networking technology – and you can help create the solutions that address the needs of businesses and governments worldwide.
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Extreme Networks a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your creativity and your career - it’s time to join the Extreme Networks team and become an Extremist!
Full-time Co-Op/Interns (Summer or Fall ’13) will learn routing and switching protocols using Extreme Networks equipment. Students will learn how to design, implement, and troubleshoot various enterprise and data center customers’ Ethernet networks, through hands-on lab experience in the Services Lab Team. Candidates should have Linux and Windows experience, excellent communication skills, and a passion for networking.
The Network Engineer Co-op will work in the Services Lab Team who manages the global services lab. They will interface directly with the lab manager on a regular basis to:
• Train on Extreme Networks products, routing and switching protocols, & lab operations
• Partner with network engineers to replicate & resolve customer reported issues and defects
• Learn cutting-edge technologies through hands on experience in the lab
Success for this Co-Op position is based on the following:
• Passing Extreme Networks Associate (ENA) certification & internal training on Extreme products & network protocols
• Demonstrated technical, critical thinking , and communication skills to solve real world problems
• Collaborating and sharing knowledge with the team through lab related projects and documentation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Passion for computer networking and technology
• Basic networking knowledge including Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSI model, routing and switching
• Experience with Windows and Linux
• Experience setting up and managing home networks (wired and wireless), PC’s and servers
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
• Enjoys problem solving and can think critically
• Self motivated and highly ambitious
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent teamwork and people skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
• Flexibility and openness to change
•Server Virtualization such as VMware, XenServer, Hyper-V, or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
•Customer support or experience in a customer-facing position
•Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Networking or related major
•Networking experience with Extreme or other vendors’ routers and switches
•Certifications in networking such as Network+ or Cisco’s CCNA and CCNP
Network Engineer - 4944
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Extreme Networks is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.