LinQuest is a small business focused on the engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control, communications, navigation, surveillance and reconnaissance, launch and information systems that deliver critical network centric capabilities to the warfighter.
LinQuest provides high-end technical services spanning the engineering, testing, operation, and sustainment of critical capabilities and programs ranging from intricate systems and architectures to highly complex enterprises comprised of families of systems. LinQuest integrates technical and operational domain expertise with process discipline and delivers performance excellence across the lifecycle of programs. LinQuest avoids supporting developers of programs of record to preclude any bias in the services and advice it offers to its US Government customers. Everyone at LinQuest is extremely proud of their role in solving tough challenges on programs of national significance.
We are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team. Please visit our web site, www.linquest.com, to learn more about our firm and to apply online for this opportunity, req # 1731.
You will lead and manage a team that will provide AEHF/EHF, SHF, and GBS onsite and/or distance operational support; operations and maintenance training; and assessment support for Navy ship, shore, and submarine communications terminals. This support includes providing subject matter expertise to fleet units during preparation of major deployments or major Fleet exercises. This position requires a willingness for short-notice travel to military locations, including to afloat platforms and overseas shore sites.
Key activities include:
• Review and respond to technical assistance requests and resolve issues related to military satellite communications terminal and antenna system operations, maintenance, training, and logistics support, in accordance with technical instructions
• Configure, operate, maintain, and train SATCOM planning tools in accordance with applicable technical manuals and training curriculum
• Obtain required satellite resources and generate terminal communications images as needed to support fleet needs
• Review and respond to Fleet, Teleport, Regional Maintenance Centers and Navy Submarine Support Centers, and FMS military satellite communications terminal and antenna system operations and maintenance
• Perform onsite and/or distance support (e.g., telephone, chat, e-mail, etc.) to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve site-specific production issues associated with terminal installation, operations, and maintenance, in accordance with operations and maintenance technical manuals, user handbooks, or ship system manuals
• Coordinate dates, times, and locations, and provide military satellite communications terminal, antenna systems, and associated baseband equipment operator and maintainer, and communications management and terminal operation training at any fleet location
• Maintain a database of upcoming post-installation military satellite communications terminal training events, completed training events, and Strike Group status, as well as tracking production related installation issues impacting system performance
• Deliver associated training materials and technical documentation to Fleet units in accordance with technical instructions and approved training packages
• Draft Naval messages in accordance with NTP-9 in support of equipment installations, engineering changes, and training
• Propose, update, and submit for Government review, Navy terminal training curricula that address the latest available technical information and equipment software and hardware configurations and functional performance characteristics
• Propose, update, and submit for Government review, system user handbooks in accordance with MIL-STD-967
• Provide onboard system integration testing, validation, operational readiness assessment, and training during Fleet exercises and communications groom periods, in accordance with system technical manuals, ship system manuals, system user handbooks, checklists, test plans and procedures, and training packages
• Document technical services provided, and any identified training and logistics issues and provide technically/operationally sound recommendations to resolve them, and track them to completion
• Attend, and participate in pre-sail meetings for testing and operational fleet exercises to support resolving problems reports and other technical issues. Compile action item lists, and document and distribute minutes in accordance with agreed upon formats and technical instructions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: or equivalent experience
• Associates level degree in a technical/scientific field.
• Technical Training in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years’ experience with Navy equipment design, functionality, interface/integration, and/or operations within one/all of the Navy communications areas: AEHF/EHF, SHF, and GBS, including management experience of technical teams.
• Positions are available for candidates with varying levels of hands-on experience, design expertise, and/or functional/interface expertise within one of the mission areas
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance (current DoD clearance a plus)
• BA/BS in technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years Navy telecommunications experience
• Recognized expert who has demonstrated military, industry and/or public service leadership in relevant technical field
• Testing experience with DGSITs or other exercises, such as TRIDENT WARRIOR
US CITIZENSHIP and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance are required for the position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. LinQuest is a growing company and there will be opportunities for internal advancement. We have a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision and disability insurance, paid time off, 11 holidays (including year-end shutdown), company provided life insurance and a 401K with a company paid retirement contribution.
LinQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.