LinQuest is a small business focused on the engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control, communications, navigation, surveillance and reconnaissance, launch and information systems that deliver critical network centric capabilities to the warfighter.
LinQuest provides high-end technical services spanning the engineering, testing, operation, and sustainment of critical capabilities and programs ranging from intricate systems and architectures to highly complex enterprises comprised of families of systems. LinQuest integrates technical and operational domain expertise with process discipline and delivers performance excellence across the lifecycle of programs. LinQuest avoids supporting developers of programs of record to preclude any bias in the services and advice it offers to its US Government customers. Everyone at LinQuest is extremely proud of their role in solving tough challenges on programs of national significance.
We are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team. Please visit our web site, www.linquest.com, to learn more about our firm and to apply online for this opportunity, req # 1734.
The qualified person will provide on-site technical representation at contractor facilities, collecting, reviewing, and analyzing information in order to make recommendations to the Government as it applies to the development, testing, and implementation of advanced Navy military satellite communications (MILSATCOM) programs and end-to-end (E2E) architecture integration and operations. Candidate is expected to define the nature and extent of technical problems and issues encountered. In accordance with applicable program schedules, the selected candidate will
• Conduct functional configuration assessments in accordance with system specification requirements, approved test plans and procedures, and executed in accordance with contract schedules and technical instructions
• Witness software and hardware design verification testing and environmental qualification testing of the Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT) and legacy EHF SATCOM block upgrades and pre-planned product improvements (P3I) at prime contractor facilities in accordance with approved test plans and test procedures provided as GFI, and technical instructions
• Track and maintain designated production equipment contracts in accordance with Communications and Antenna Group quality conformance inspection (QCI) Test Plans and technical instructions
• Provide assessment information to the government to support evaluation of the status of the development, testing, and delivery of compliant communications systems to the Fleet in accordance with system specifications and standards
• Prepare and deliver technical reports, both in writing and as oral presentations and provide assistance in implementing any suggestions that are made
• Develop solutions to problems
• In the course of preparing recommendations, understand the nature of the organization, the relationship it has with others in the Government, and its internal organization and culture
• BA/BS degree or Advanced Degree in a business or technical field
• 10 or more years’ experience in engineering/science management and/or operations research analysis
• 5-7 years significant experience in U.S. Navy programs or operations, including 3+ years’ experience with Navy testing
• Competence to support engineering/technical team reviews and discussions in matters regarding system performance and trade-off studies
• High level of knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Uses analytical approaches to problem solving and decision-making
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance (current DoD clearance a plus)
• 5-7 years of Navy systems experience in the area of Communications Systems, Networks, Software Systems, and/or Integration and Interoperability
• Experience with engineering design model and production testing
• Experience with end-to-end Systems Engineering processes, and demonstrable evidence of defining and adhering to these processes, as well as the development of pertinent documentation
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance are required for the position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. LinQuest is a growing company and there will be opportunities for internal advancement. We have a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision and disability insurance, paid time off, 11 holidays (including year-end shutdown), company provided life insurance and a 401K with a company paid retirement contribution.
LinQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.