LinQuest is a small business focused on the engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control, communications, navigation, surveillance and reconnaissance, launch and information systems that deliver critical network centric capabilities to the warfighter.
LinQuest provides high-end technical services spanning the engineering, testing, operation, and sustainment of critical capabilities and programs ranging from intricate systems and architectures to highly complex enterprises comprised of families of systems. LinQuest integrates technical and operational domain expertise with process discipline and delivers performance excellence across the lifecycle of programs. LinQuest avoids supporting developers of programs of record to preclude any bias in the services and advice it offers to its US Government customers. Everyone at LinQuest is extremely proud of their role in solving tough challenges on programs of national significance.
We are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team. Please visit our web site, www.linquest.com, to learn more about our firm and to apply online for this opportunity, req # 1771.
Entry Level position responsible for managing the computer hardware, and software of LinQuest. Responsibilities include recommending hardware purchases, creating deployment packages for mass deployment, upgrading operating systems, applications, and other software packages used by LinQuest employees. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve problems. Requires independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and good judgment. Key activities include but not limited to:
• Perform installation, configuration, and ongoing upgrades of desktop, and laptop computers peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines
• Manage Active Directory Users, Groups, Computers, and email accounts
• Manage the hardware and software inventories
• Process incoming helpdesk tickets in a timely manner
• Vocational or certification course work or two year college education or equivalent experience
• General knowledge of computers, the Windows Vista/7 Operating Systems, and Office suite including installing and troubleshooting
• A desire to learn IT skills
• Experience in the IT field providing user support
• Experienced with Windows Vista/7 Operating Systems, and Office suite
• Active Directory user account management
• Inventory management – ability collect, and maintain good hardware and software list
US CITIZENSHIP and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance are required for the position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. LinQuest is a growing company and there will be opportunities for internal advancement. We have a generous benefits package including education reimbursement health, dental, vision and disability insurance, paid time off, 10 holidays (including year-end shutdown), company provided life insurance and a 401K with a company paid retirement contribution.
LinQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.