Contract Advisor I – Fixed Term
The Contract Advisor I (CAI) position supports the Procurement Services central office contract activities by preparing contracts for a variety of services. As a central office resource the CAI advises multiple client groups on a variety of contract and procurement issues, including collaboration with internal clients and the Office of Sponsored Research to create and track Small Business Subcontracting Plans in support of the solicitation of sponsored funds for research. A working knowledge of contract law, construction and/or purchasing, and knowledge of Federal requirements regarding use of Federal funds and Small Business plans, is essential for this position. The CAI must be able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and complete assignments timely and through independent initiative.
• Minimum of four years purchasing experience or other relevant experience in addition to a BA in business or related field.
• 3 – 5 years experience in the preparation of contracts for various types of services including complex architectural, construction and consultant contracts
• Experience in developing bid and proposal packages and conducting the bidding process
• A working knowledge of contract law and Federal requirements regarding use of Federal funds and Small Business plans
• Ability to interface with diverse client groups with an emphasis on customer service
• Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position. Stanford University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest!