LinQuest is a small business focused on the engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control, communications, navigation, surveillance and reconnaissance, launch and information systems that deliver critical network centric capabilities to the warfighter.
LinQuest provides high-end technical services spanning the engineering, testing, operation, and sustainment of critical capabilities and programs ranging from intricate systems and architectures to highly complex enterprises comprised of families of systems. LinQuest integrates technical and operational domain expertise with process discipline and delivers performance excellence across the lifecycle of programs. LinQuest avoids supporting developers of programs of record to preclude any bias in the services and advice it offers to its US Government customers. Everyone at LinQuest is extremely proud of their role in solving tough challenges on programs of national significance.
We are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team. Please visit our web site, www.linquest.com, to learn more about our firm and to apply online for this opportunity, req # 1725.
Provide software engineering support to architect, design, and develop network management applications for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) for Satellite Communications (SATCOM) network planning and management services. The position is associated with the SATCOM Planning and Execution Service (SPES) team. Additionally, the candidate will be working with DISA to deploy solutions to the customer. The candidate must have experience with web services and a familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). The candidate must be familiar will object-orientation concepts and willing to learn other programming languages and technologies; must be able to employ best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development. Duties will be primarily performed in Hanover, MD.
Specific duties include:
• Primary roles include assisting in the design, development and enhancement of the SPES network management demonstration concept, design and develop web service interfaces into authoritative data bases and participate in the development of the final SPES system architecture.
• Other duties include interfacing with data owners and the customer’s technical staff to identify database access requirements, prepare software related documentation and present papers on current research and development activities.
• Develop web-services to provide interfaces to existing GIG enterprise services and Joint C2 applications
• Create open source widgets and other web-based interfaces to demonstrate new services
• Perform prototyping and testing of new SATCOM planning algorithms
• Prepare software accreditation/ certification documents to meet DOD IA requirements
• Develop briefings and prepare technical documents based on UML for presentation to the customer
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
• Experience in the following software technologies:
• Programming Languages: Java, Perl, C#, Python, Ruby or other similar object-oriented and scripting languages.
• Databases: Oracle, Access, or SQL Server
• Operating Systems: Windows, or Linux
• 2+ years of software development experience, including embedded systems, client/server, web applications, desktop applications, and web services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with a customer focus
• Experience with UML as well as software design patterns
• Some familiarity with DoD SATCOM
• Some familiarity with the DoD SATCOM resource allocation and provisioning process
• Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
• Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Familiarity with Ozone Widget Framework
• Experience with DoD IA processes
• Experience with security products such as SSL
US Citizenship and an active DoD SECRET Clearance are required for the position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. LinQuest is a growing company and there will be opportunities for internal advancement. We have a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision and disability insurance, paid time off, 11 holidays (including year-end shutdown), company provided life insurance and a 401K with a company paid retirement contribution.
LinQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.